A couple of weeks before Halloween, Bodhi learned a new exciting word. "Halloweeeen" At first "Hallowwwweeeeen" was meant to describe the crazy skeleton creature that moved and groaned and roared in the Target Halloween aisle. It was a fearful "Halloweeeen" at that point. It meant "get me the eff away from this creature, and stop laughing at me! It is not funny. You people are supposed to my parents. Adults. You are supposed to protect me from crap like this, not laugh at me" Justin and I casually drove the cart past the aisle just a few more times, then we realized how awful we truly were. But just between you and me, it was so cute how scared he was of that thing. He would even shake y'all.
So anyway, after a couple days, he started to figure out that "Halllowweeeen" referred to pumpkins, and spiders, and witches, and skeletons. He would sing the word as we walked or drove past any house with decorations. It was so cute. We would aww at it every time.
At some point during October, I took the boy to Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby had all their Christmas decoration up and Bodhi's reaction to the brightly lit Christmas tree covered in gold bows was "Halllowwweeeen" Hahaha we all laughed. We corrected him with simple "Its called Christmas Bodhi" If only I had known what would erupt over the course of another 2 months. I would have never laughed.
So, Halloween came and went. Thanksgiving came and went. Here we are, Christmas. Has Bodhi learned a new exciting word for Christmas? Nope, absolutely not. Apparently "Halloweeen" is such a fantastic word to Bodhi that he has chosen to use it to describe any kind of Holiday decor.
This year, I forced politely asked Justin to put the Christmas lights up early. Like as in before Thanksgiving early. I was just really trying to avoid this conversion:
Me: "When are you putting up the Christmas lights?"
Justin: "umm, I don't know, maybe on Sunday."
(Sunday, comes and goes)
Me: "When are you putting up the Christmas lights"
Justin: "I don't know, maybe Friday"
( Friday, comes and goes)
Me: "When are you putting up the Christmas lights"
Justin: "I don't know, maybe Saturday"
(Saturday, comes and goes)
You get the point. Procrastination. We are both so so bad about it. Then at some point we realize SHIT! Christmas is in like 2 weeks and we need to put the lights up. So we rush through it, some yelling may erupt...maybe. We aren't talking by the end of the day, yet our shiny lights are up. Do we enjoy them? Not until the burn of the day from Hell has worn off. Then its time to take them down.
So this year was different. Up early. No Chaos. No Yelling. Well that was my plan anyway. Justin, my simplistic little creator wanted the usual clear lights around the roof. Me, the over the top, ex cheerleader, who loves puffy letters and everything shiny, wanted new lights this year. Blue lights! Blue icicle lights! Flashy! I got my way. 3 trips to Target. 1 "helper" child screaming because his way of "taping" the lights on the side of the house got nixed. It only took 2 days, but they were up, and before Thanksgiving even. So now we can enjoy them. Justin actually really likes the blue lights. He says it looks like a club, which was exactly what I was going for. Score 1 for Mama!
So lights up. We took the kids outside to show them off that night. We turned them on and Bodhi says "Halllowwweeen" We laughed. "Hahaha, how cute. Bodhi its called Christ-mas. Say Christ-mas, Bodhi. Ch...rist...mas..."
The days continued. At the sight of anything with lights Bodhi would scream "ahhhhh Halloowwweeeen"
It was cute like day one through eight and a half. However now, on like day 27, "Halloweeeen" makes me want to pull my hair out.
Jaxon is even annoyed. It takes a lot to annoy a 4 year old, y'all. We've all stopped correcting him, because there is just no point. It used to be that we would say "Bodhi, can you say Christ-mas? Christ-mas" Then it became "Bodhi, its called Christ-mas. Christ-mas" Then it was " Christmas Bodhi, its called Christmas" Then "Bodhi Christmas" Then "Christmas!" Then "CHRISTMAS!!!!" Now, silence. We've given up.
Thing is y'all, the kid is smart. He knows words, lots of them. He even says "scuze me" after burping. The child, I have discovered, is screwing with me. He's remembering back to when Justin and I casually drove our shopping cart by the big bad skeleton creature at Target not once, not twice, but three times. Revenge Y'all. My child had learned how to annoy be, and he is getting back at me.
Here is a video from us driving home tonight. Bodhi, in true Bodhi fashion, was admiring the Christmas lights. I busted out the iPhone and hit record. I beleive that come January, a new law will no longer allow me to record my child in the backseat while driving. I don't understand why? Dangerous, you say? Na. It was all good. I am multitalented.
Oh and please ignore me ignoring Jaxon, I cant talk, video tape, and drive all at the same time y'all. (yeah, that may be a lie. I was just plain ignoring the child)
3 comments:
Awesome. Except I can't view the effin video. Maybe Bodhi's figured out how to block video on your blog as part of his revenge also. Take that. It says it's private or some shit and that I have to be invited to see it. What kind of shit is that?
That was Awesome! Hallllooooweeeen! LOL!
Niiiice!
Post a Comment