I had a little work inservice a couple of morning's ago and there just so happened to be some food there. I helped myself to a bagel and a glass of orange juice and went on my merry old way. I ate the bagel on my drive home while sipping on my OJ. By the time I made it home, I had about 3 sips of juice left in my glass and no bagel. Typically, I would have just left the nearly empty glass in the car and only thrown it away when I needed the cup holder for something more important, like coffee. However, for some reason ( perhaps my husband's insistent, constant bitching about me never cleaning out my car) I decided to bring it in the house and dispose of it properly.
Every morning after work, Jaxon meets me at the garage door where he runs into my arms and we hug for 5 minutes. This day, was no different. He ran up to me, hugged me, and then 5 minutes later broke away and said " What's that?", in reference to the 3 sips of OJ in my cup.
Naturally, like any great Mom, who had muffins, bagels, fruit salad and OJ at her disposal and selfishly didn't think of grabbing anything for their very loving, beautiful, amazing son, I said "Honey, I brought you some Orange Juice from my work. Yay!"
He stepped back and looked at my cup. I waited for him to say, "WTF!?! Mom, there's only 3 sips of OJ left in this cup! Furthermore, I smelled that cinnamon raisin bagel on your breath, and you think that giving me the last 3 sips of the OJ that you clearly just didn't feel like finishing on your drive home, and had no intention of ever even bringing into this house, is going to make me happy?"
However, the reaction I got was far from I was expecting. He looked up at me with his big sparkling eyes and squealed "EEEEEKKKKKK!!!", like a 12 year old girl who had just seen a Jonas Brother riding a pony in the new Twilight movie trailer. Yes. He was THAT excited. He grabbed HIS cup of Orange Juice, told me that I was the best Mommy EVER! That I was his VERY BEST FRIEND! That "this is the sweetest thing in FOREVER!" He sipped on those 3 sips of OJ for the next 20 minutes like it was a 45 year old single malt scotch.
I was pleased.
So last night at work there was a bouquet of flowers sitting at the desk, abandoned by a unappreciative patient. So, this time I decided to actually intentionally bring home something beautiful, for my beautiful boy. I mean, shit, he was so impressed by an ounce of juice, imagine the joys a whole freaking bouquet of flowers would bring him. So I snagged the flowers and set off for home.
The garage door opens and he greets me with his 5 minute hug, I told him to go inside and close his eyes because I had something SO special for him. I walked inside with his bouquet of flowers and told him to open his eyes. He opened them...silence. I said "Mommy brought you some flowers"
He grabbed them, perhaps with a single tear in his eye, and said " Ohhhhh this is the sweetest, sweetest thing I have ever seen. I have never ever ever gotten flowers, ever" He hugged them.

He then delicately set them on the table, positioned them to his liking, and gently sat down in front of them, admiring their beauty for the next 10 minutes. Making sure to tell me that I was the "Best Mommy he has EVER had!"

Man, I can't wait to bring him home a bedpan tomorrow.
Every morning after work, Jaxon meets me at the garage door where he runs into my arms and we hug for 5 minutes. This day, was no different. He ran up to me, hugged me, and then 5 minutes later broke away and said " What's that?", in reference to the 3 sips of OJ in my cup.
Naturally, like any great Mom, who had muffins, bagels, fruit salad and OJ at her disposal and selfishly didn't think of grabbing anything for their very loving, beautiful, amazing son, I said "Honey, I brought you some Orange Juice from my work. Yay!"
He stepped back and looked at my cup. I waited for him to say, "WTF!?! Mom, there's only 3 sips of OJ left in this cup! Furthermore, I smelled that cinnamon raisin bagel on your breath, and you think that giving me the last 3 sips of the OJ that you clearly just didn't feel like finishing on your drive home, and had no intention of ever even bringing into this house, is going to make me happy?"
However, the reaction I got was far from I was expecting. He looked up at me with his big sparkling eyes and squealed "EEEEEKKKKKK!!!", like a 12 year old girl who had just seen a Jonas Brother riding a pony in the new Twilight movie trailer. Yes. He was THAT excited. He grabbed HIS cup of Orange Juice, told me that I was the best Mommy EVER! That I was his VERY BEST FRIEND! That "this is the sweetest thing in FOREVER!" He sipped on those 3 sips of OJ for the next 20 minutes like it was a 45 year old single malt scotch.
I was pleased.
So last night at work there was a bouquet of flowers sitting at the desk, abandoned by a unappreciative patient. So, this time I decided to actually intentionally bring home something beautiful, for my beautiful boy. I mean, shit, he was so impressed by an ounce of juice, imagine the joys a whole freaking bouquet of flowers would bring him. So I snagged the flowers and set off for home.
The garage door opens and he greets me with his 5 minute hug, I told him to go inside and close his eyes because I had something SO special for him. I walked inside with his bouquet of flowers and told him to open his eyes. He opened them...silence. I said "Mommy brought you some flowers"
He grabbed them, perhaps with a single tear in his eye, and said " Ohhhhh this is the sweetest, sweetest thing I have ever seen. I have never ever ever gotten flowers, ever" He hugged them.
He then delicately set them on the table, positioned them to his liking, and gently sat down in front of them, admiring their beauty for the next 10 minutes. Making sure to tell me that I was the "Best Mommy he has EVER had!"
Man, I can't wait to bring him home a bedpan tomorrow.
3 comments:
It's the littlest things, I swear! I love the pictures. Precious boy. How about a cup of the sugary goodness that is pudding next time???
That last picture is AWESOME.
This is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Ever.
Post a Comment