Saturday, August 22, 2009

4 is the new 3

How is it even possible? 4 years ago today. 4 years ago my sweet little boy was born. It was a day I will never forget. August 22, 2005, my life changed. It didn't just change, it transformed into a life I never imagined possible. My eyes set on him and I knew that from that second forward I would live for him, for our family. I remember when he reached my chest, how intense that feeling was. To have him in my arms. To feel his power, and to look at Justin and know that this moment was the beginning of it all.

This child represents a love so deep. 4 years ago today, I began a new life. A life, that I still feel is too good to be my own.

My sweet blue eyed boy and his ability to look at everything in life as beauty, has taught me so much. His fascination with nature and creatures and even Acorns, has taught me to slow down and appreciate my surroundings.

His emotion for life, love, and people is so intense. I am amazed, daily of his strength.

Every second, even the seconds that feel like years (and there are plenty of those seconds), are the greatest I have ever felt because of him. I give him credit for beginning this family. For forming us into the parents that we are.

To watch him grow is the single most amazing and fascinating experience I will ever know.

His devotion to his family, his brother, his friends is incredible.

I often think about how my Dad was never able to experience these years in my own life. Seeing the excitement so combustible, that you feel like you might explode yourself, as he takes his first bite of a sprinkle coated doughnut or see's his first cardinal, or finds a purple daffodil. The giggles from all the bubbles in his mouth as he takes his first sip ever of root beer. I cherish every moment that I am given with this sweet little boy. How lucky I am to be here, with him, to see it all.

Thank you Jaxon for bringing my life into yours. Thank you for showing me the beauty that this world holds. Thank you for teaching me that every second, is one to cherish. Thank you for being you.



































Happy Birthday Jaxon.
I. love. you.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That was beautiful! I am now crying like a baby. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Love you Jaxon.

Danielle said...

So sweet. You are an awesome mom :)

Shan said...

He'll love you so much for these words some day. Very special. <3