Went to lunch with the kids yesterday. On our way back to the car Jaxon spotted a lonely little half rotten acorn in the parking lot. Apparently he felt it his obligation in life to nurture this acorn back to life. I had other plans for the acorn. I strap him in the carseat and acorn, now named "baby", fell under the car. You would have thought the child lost a limb. In fact he threw such a fit that I thought I snapped his boyhood in the carseat clip. Justin gets to the car and I explain that he needs to pull out so I can collect "baby acorn" from its near death experience under the car. Those of you who know Justin well can probably guess the look he gave me. Hey but I was Grandma now to this sorry pathetic little acorn, I had to stand up and represent.

When we get home Jaxon tells me that Baby needs a diaper change. Yep....sure did...I put a diaper on the damn acorn, some double stick tape and a piece of paper and acorn was good to go. He then put acorn baby to sleep in Bodhi's crib. So as to not have my 9 month old choke on a acorn during nap time, I told Jaxon to find a new spot for Baby. This is what he came up with.
We all take a nap. I awoke to find Justin babysitting acorn still in its bed but now sitting on the couch next to Grandpa acorn hater.
Let me tell ya keeping up with a half rotten acorn is not an easy task. Especially when his irresponsible "father" keeps leaving him in places that Uncle Bodhi can easily access. But we managed to keep acorn alive all night. In the morning Justin was able to escape the half rotten acorn sitting duties by telling Jaxon that acorn baby was asleep with me. However when I woke up Jaxon was very eager to wake up acorn too. So acorn baby went to the store with us today, acorn baby played outside with us today, I had to feed acorn baby dinner, I had to change acorn baby's diapers, I had to give half rotten acorn baby a kiss! I had to tell Jaxon to keep acorn baby out of his mouth. "Please don't put acorn baby down your pants, Jaxon!"
**and who can turn down a bowl of cheese anyway?
Then comes bathtime. Acorn of course had to take a bath with him. Unfortunately acorn wasn't loving his new life and decided to hightail it down the drain. I braced myself. I was expecting to see tears for the next 2 hours. I was convinced this was going to be the longest and saddest night ever. Jaxon says " ah I will never ever see baby again". I braced myself for the breakdown... here it comes... He says
"oh well"
SWEET!!!
He then grabs the letter Z and says "oh baby, I missed you"
Fortunately Z is potty trained.
Oh the life of a 3 year old.
4 comments:
This effin story had me freakin' ROLLING!!! Mainly, because I can completely relate.
It also reminded me of the lovely middle school assignment that was supposed to keep you from having sex where you carried the raw egg (that you'd drew a face on, of course) that was your baby. Except that you'd leave the damn thing near a group of people who smashed your egg all to shit or girls would leave it in the bathroom while peeing on a stolen pregnancy test....I don't think anyone ever passed that damn assignment...good ol' Porter.
OMFG. I am peeing my pants. And now I will be blog-stalking you. Excellent.
Should I double stick tape a diaper on you Danielle?
Post a Comment