Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh to be 29 again...

My Birthday was absolutely amazing!
So amazing that 3 days later, I still have a lingering twinge of the hangover.

I went to my favorite pizza place, home slice, for lunch and enjoyed a giant slice of eggplant pizza while simultaneously stuffing rolls into Bodhi's mouth to keep him from screaming at the top of his lungs "EAT!!!!!"

Then we came home, and I fell asleep in Jaxon's bed, stuffed and happy. I woke up from my nap, made a quick run to my fav Starbucks for the usual grande nonfat latte, and then sipped on it while relaxing in the sun with my 3 beautiful boys.

That night we headed downtown for burgers at Casino El Camino. I opted for the politically correct (no burger, just cucumber, cheese, sprouts, and roasted peppers). I was envisioning having the meal twice that night, once going down and the other coming up, so I tried to eat on the lighter side. I don't care what you say, it was delish after I scraped the flaming hot things they called "peppers" out. I have a high tolerance for heat when it comes to food but these things were just plain ridiculously hot. Everyone else got a ginormous 18 lb hamburger with bacon, cheese, mushrooms avocado's and whatever else amazing addition to a burger you could possibly imagine. Apparently it takes a good two hours to cook a burger that gigantic, so we hung out talking, drinking, eating. Good times. Oh and I discovered my new favorite drink, a salty dog.



Laura and I rented a karaoke room at a sushi/karaoke bar downtown for our Big Karaoke Extravaganza. After 30 years of begging, I finally convinced Laura to have a joint Birthday party with me. Selfish bitch (just kidding, luv ya Laura....but ya know its true) She finally caved and I don't think she'll ever regret it.



I can't even begin to give the night justice in a blog, perhaps its my 3 day hangover not allowing me to relive. It was just fantastically phenomenal.




and whoa......I was....having fun!!!!



The next day involved lotsawater, ibuprofen, and "what the fuck did I do" questions....Just the way any good Birthday should be!

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, to all my friends and family for the best birthday EVER!

There was no better way to say goodbye to my 20's.

Love you all-


No comments: