Monday, October 26, 2009

Dearest Bloggy Blogg Blog,

Today you are 1.

One year ago today, I was sitting in my living room bored off my ass with a bottle of wine. I was all, "I'm bored, what should I do?" I had an 8 month old baby, so I was just resurfacing into reality. My life wasn't entirely about trying to figure out when my next 5 minute cat nap would take place. I was trying to embrace my new found "free time" I had already put the kids to bed, I walked around the house looking for something to do. I had organized my photos into neat little piles with intentions of putting them in a photo album (Those picture still sit in those neat little piles to this day, by the way) I had checked my Myspace (ga, that was so 1 year ago), my Facebook (was I even on Facebook a year ago?), and my 15+ Blogs that I follow on a daily basis. I didn't want to clean, I wasn't ready to sleep, after all I had a glass of wine to drink. Point is, I was bored and had exhausted all my evening activities in a matter of 10 minutes. So I poured my 2nd glass of wine and thought to myself, "Why not start a blog?" So basically, yes blog, I created you out of shear boredom and drunkenness. I had no intention of letting anyone actually know about you.

So I typed out something ridiculous and then sat there with my computer and thought "huh, that was kinda fun" So I gave you a chance.

I think I may have sent out an email to a select few, telling them about you. I only told a few though. I admit, you scared me a little bit at first. Bloggy Blogg Blog, you know I'm the world's worst speller, and you don't judge me for that. I rarely proofread my thoughts before sending them on with you. You don't care though, because you LOVE me. You know what Bloggy Blog Blog, I LOVE you too. I really do! I just write what feels right and then I hit send and then I read all my comments and I think "Kickass, people like this"

Today on your Birthday Bloggy Blog Blog, I bought you a very special present. I bought you the MacBook that you've been BEGGING me to get you all year. Let me just tell you Bloggy Blog Blog, I don't even remember what I bought my husband of 6 years for his Birthday this year. Oh, wait I remember, a video game. That's right, I wrapped it and said "Happy Birthday Hunny!" He was all "Oh, yeah, thanks Babe" But I knew he was actually thinking, "Really? Really? I fathered you children, I cook you dinner virtually every night, I clean the toilette! and all I get is this video game that your oldest son just so happened to want?" In other words Bloggy Blog Blog if my love was measured by the greatness of my choice in birthday gifts, Justin would be screwed. He would be the one sleeping on my kitchen table with a power cord stuck up his ass.

Actually Bloggy Blog Blog, I may not be telling the whole truth. I may have forgot it was your Birthday today. I may have just bought the MacBook, because I was bored this morning. Jaxon was at school, Bodhi was Jamming out to Yo Gabba Gabba, and I was just bored. So I looked at Justin and said, "Hey Babe, this power cord is looking a little frayed, wanna go buy a Mac?" Aren't you glad I'm not your wife, Bloggy Blog Blog?


Happy Birthday my dear Blog! Its been one hell of a good year.

Always,
Your creator

3 comments:

Danielle said...

rofl "Your Creator"

Anonymous said...

Wow...you have a "toilette"...that's so fancy! ;)

Allison said...

Why yes Shan, I do have a toilette. Its next to Le Salon, just to the right of La cuisine. Do you expect me to piss in Le Jardin? I thought not. Now go fetch me a baguette.