Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Eve:


Decorated Christmas cookies:






I bought 2 containers of sprinkles thinking that would be plenty for the 15 or so cookies I was going to bake. As you can see, Jaxon utilized every single one of those damn tiny little sprinkles.








We made the annual Lisa Simpson cookie with the cookie cutters that Joe Garcia bought us in 1999. It's Jaxon's favorite cookie cutter 2 years running.



Before putting the kids to bed Jaxon wrote Santa a letter and we left him some fantastic Christmas cookies, and a couple of carrots for the reindeer. We then heard this for the next 20 minutes... " Will Santa share his cookies" "Will Santa leave some for me" "Do you think Santa will share" "Does Santa know to share". You get the point. Santa did share and Jaxon was very very happy about it.




Christmas Day:

Jaxon was so excited about Christmas this year. He finally reached the age where Santa became his homeboy. He was completely fascinated with Santa's amazing abilities.


Bodhi is still at the age in which wrapping paper fascinates him. Oh how I love that.

Santa got Jaxon a tool bench and a drum set. He got Bodhi a basketball toy and a truck. Mommy and Daddy got the kids books, games, and fun educational toys. Yet again Santa wins and Mommy and Daddy suck. Next year Mommy and Daddy are taking the credit and Santa can deliver the educational toys. Screw that man!





We then ate some delish breakfast tacos and spent the next 5 hours cleaning up the mess. My sis and her family came over and we ate an awesome dinner. I discovered that I LOVE brussel sprouts and I also discovered that wine and ham are the best combination EVER.


Christmas time:

So there was Christmas Day and then there was Christmas time. The latter left me really aching for the month of December to be over and done with.


We did Christmas with each of our families (individually so that I didn't attempt to throw myself out of a moving car on I-35)

The kids always enjoy the company of their grandparents....


New Years Eve
Finally time for the New Year. Huge Rockin' Crazy Awesome P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!

Yeah, No.

This year was no different from the last 5. I worked New Years Eve night and rang it in with my work girls and some sparkling apple cider. Justin stayed home with the kids and tried to stay up past midnight ( he made it to 12:30) It was definitely not the drunken crazy New Years Eve's of past but splendid none the less.



New Years Day:
I never make New Year's resolutions but in an attempt to explain the meaning of HAPPY NEW YEAR! to Jaxon I explained to him that people sometimes set goals for the new year...and if I were to set a goal it would be to have more patience. So I suppose that's my resolution. Yeah Yeah, just a little patience.

I then sucked down 1 black eyed pea and gathered my things for another exciting night at work. Yippee!

So there ya have it. The Holiday's!

2 comments:

Shan said...

That all sounds lovely. You LOVE brussel sprouts now?!?!?!

Allison said...

Yeah, totally and completely in love with brussel sprouts. I know that I stomached a few with you Shan but somehow, perhaps because these were cooked with olive oil??, I loved them. In fact I'm making Justin make them tonight! Its my new favorite food!