Saturday, December 20, 2008


So as we all know I work the night shift with the craziest most amazing women ever. Just to let you know, I'm in love with my job BECAUSE of the girls I work with and not because of the crazy hormonal postpartum patients.

Now our wonderful place of employment doesn't seem to acknowledge our amazingness. They only choose to bombard us with emails about patient satisfaction, placing those oh so important labs on the charts for those oh so important MD's, and various meetings that I will never attend because they happen in between the hours of sleep and sleep.



You don't believe me? Let me give you an example of last years Christmas Party:





Don't be jealous.


Okay so now that we're all on the same page you'll completely understand why Hilary, Shannon and I took it upon ourselves to have the BEST damn Christmas Party nightshift had ever seen. So we brainstorm....


We need a location..obviously off Seton premise.. obviously at Shannon's house! Check.



We need food... how about a full on holiday potluck dinner? Perfect. Check



We need entertainment... The Authors? Nope, too loud and we don't want to get the 5-0 involved in the nighshift holiday party. Karaoke! Yes, Allison seems to always make a fool of herself with Karaoke! Check.



We need booze... Eggnog? Nah, pretty sure we don't want to see anyone vomit eggnog. So wine, beer, and....ice cold shots down a 300 lb block of ice! Check!


Apparently finding a 300 lb block of ice is a very simple task. I may or may not have called a nursing home inquiring about the purchase of a shotblock...twice. However, once I learned how to read a phone number and appropriately type it into my phone we were set.





PARTY TIME!


The hostesses with the mostesess.










The reason I will never again be able to take a shot that doesn't flow through a trench of ice. Beautiful!





This next series will be the exact pictures my children blackmail me with when they're 18.


















Yes, this was before the break dancing karaoke that I performed later in the night.



Somehow someone was even able to get the real musician to perform.






Hil and Shan belted out a duet that would have made Kenny and Dolly fall to their knees.






and then lots and lots more of these!




I do believe the First Annual Holiday Nightshift Rocking Shotblock Christmas Party was a success!




Merry Christmas!



2 comments:

Hilary said...

1. I thoroughly enjoyed reliving our BADASS shindig through this blog.

2. I love how impressed Tony and J are in the background of 'No One' performed by me and Shan.

3. You called the nursing home not twice, but THREE times.

4. How many more days 'til the next partay???

Shan said...

Somehow, I'm just catching up on your blog.
I love this entry. Not just because, as Hil pointed out, we got to relive the awesomeness that was that night, but you did such a good job all around... setting it up (looking back at previous Seton-sponsored so-called Christmas parties, complete with picture), describing the master brainstorming behind our amazing party, and the best thing is that we have a name for it now, I love it... "Annual Holiday Nightshift Rocking Shotblock Christmas Party" it is. =D