Saturday, November 22, 2008

Poker in the...

I had the great opportunity to play some poker last weekend. I would love to say that I knew what the fuck I was doing, but I didn't. I really really really didn't.



Oh look I have a 2 of clubs and a 5 of diamonds, I'll raise you this green one. Oh green is $100, Ok I'll raise you two. I shockingly was out of the game by round 5.


I grew up in a house with a poker room. You would think that my skills would be impressive. Above our dinner table from age 7 to 18 was a glossy wood plank with little mini cards showing poker hands. Of course as a teenager I was too cool to make conversation so I sat at the table, eating my pork chops while staring at the full house and royal flush. So why do I have no game?


When I was 7 my mom took my sister and I to Las Vegas. Who would take their small children to Vegas? Yeah, that would be my Mom. My sister and I stayed up all night "gambling" at Circus Circus while my mom spent the big bucks in the Casino. I say this to prove to you that it's in my blood.



We had so many poker chips in my house when I was kid that I would make castles and forts with them.


I need a poker coach. Anyone willing to give me the time, I am willing to show you my game, or lack thereof.


This is what you have to work with:


My winnings!





and their's






3 comments:

Hilary said...

Apparently you need to hire Marg to tutor you in poker. Or Shan. Seriously...next time I'll come over and we'll play Battle while they play that sissy game of Poker.

Unknown said...

Don't forget the huge poker table in the "poker room", and the all night poker parties at our house. That Vegas vacation was fun. Who let's their 12, and 7 year old loose in vegas all night? And that was before cell phones.

Shan said...

I'm honored that a small portion of my hand is published on your blog. ;)
And I'm not buying this innocent act. I have a feeling you've got us all where you want us...
I will not be fooled.
=P