Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Part 1: Good Riddens Sprinkles!

Halloween 2008


The day started with Jaxon trying to remove his thyroid with the pliers. We threatened to take away his trick or treating privileges for the first of about 100 times that day.



We then baked and decorated cupcakes. Jaxon picked out a red velvet cake mix at HEB. Turns out red velvet is just white cake dyed red. No velvet at all. Who knew? Jaxon was very impressed with the red batter and was convinced I was baking blood. I'm really not a big cupcake baker but about 2 years ago I found these Halloween sprinkles at Target. They were a dollar and I couldn't turn them down. I realize that sprinkles probably aren't that expensive but I'm a sucker for the dollar spot. If Target sold a pile a crap for a dollar I would probably buy it. So the sprinkles sat in the pantry for 2 years, just as Justin had predicted. Almost every morning since, Jaxon opens the pantry door and asks for the sprinkles. Rather than throw the damn things away I save them, hell I spent 2 freaking dollars on them. And God forbid I use pumpkin sprinkles for the 4th of July! So finally I remember to use them this Halloween. I also got some yummy trans fat "chocolate" icing. We baked, iced and sprinkled. Jaxon had a blast.




One of the cupcakes got got a little more love than the rest. Jaxon quickly claimed it as his.



I spent the rest of the day telling him to get his fingers out of the cupcakes.
Oh and of course Jaxon made Jaya her very own "special treat" cupcake. Such the giver.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg!!!! ur family is amazing! the target joke was funny. im goin to read this blog every day!