I'm sorry I've been so neglectful. Its been crazy lately. Summer had me sweating balls and the constant effort to try and find something to entertain my kids and not give them a heat stroke at the same time had me all in a tizzy. Jaxon loves Barton Springs, Bodhi hates it. Bodhi loves the sprinkler park, Jaxon hates it. I love to sit at home drinking Margaritas in the AC, the kids hate it. As you can see, it was a challenge. Oh and on top of all that, I decided it was time to potty train Bodhi. Here are some summer pics of the kids, cuz I know y'all love looking at pics of my kids.
Also, Jaxon turned 5! I am constantly amazed at how fast this childhood thing happens. Naturally he requested Red Lobster for his Birthday lunch and slammed through some popcorn shrimp and raspberry lemonade.
Per his request we let him enjoy his day with ChuckE and his friends. He had a blast despite being totally weirded out by the costumed rat!
School started last week for Jaxon. We tried our hardest to prepare him over the summer. Just simple little explanations of what he should expect. He seemed slightly anxious, never verbailizeing any fears but I could tell he was kinda nervous. However, he played cool.
First day of school rolls around. He's all cool kid as we walked in the doors, strutting up with his transformer backpack to the cafeteria. As soon as he saw the 200 kids and 400 parents, and 800 cameras, camcorders, and phones taking pictures (5 of those where mine) he FREAKED. Panic. Crazy kid eyes looked into mine and he said "please, don't leave me here" Justin squatted down, exposing his ass crack (the infamous Justin ass crack) to the entire administration and began to give him a lesson in what it means to be a kindergartner. I don't know what the conversation involved however, I do know that it didn't do shit to help him stop crying. After the moment of silence, pledge of allegiance, and pledge to the Texas flag, we walked to his classroom, tears still streaming down his red cheeks. We get to the classroom. We're supposed to leave. I couldn't move. He was holding on to Justin so tight. He's screaming "MOM!" Bodhi was screaming "Don't LEAVE me brother!" The lump in my throat was growing larger by the second, and boom the yearbook staff wants to take a picture of us, seriously? What the Hell? I'm sure that was an awesome picture, shitheads! Anyway, we part, I cry. 30 minutes later I'm sitting in my silent living room, drinking coffee, knitting ( I'll get to that in a sec) enjoying the silence and Bam, it hits me... THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! Parenting 1 child, 1 super silent, angel child. MY DAY HAS COME! KINDER, I LOVE YOU!
This brings me to knitting. My new obsession. I am not 80, nor do I own 40 cats. However...I'm a knitter. I had my first lesson about 3 weeks ago (thanks to the super awesome Phoenix), and haven't stopped since. Its in my blood y'all. Slowly I'm learning, and eventually, I'll make that string bikini. As for now, I'm starting slow with a kerchief for my hair. BooYa Grandma!
So, I have so much to say but I can't sit here all night, Damn! Why did I neglect you? I will be back I promise, bloggy blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment