Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I promise I will never use the word tat..

So I finally did it. After convincing myself that not all moms need to looks this this:

Photobucket


I decided to throw out the old shoes

Sas


and my favorite sweater
Photobucket



and began to aim toward a more realistic idea of myself at the age of 80.

lady Pictures, Images and Photos

Step 1 of this transformation involved a tattoo.

It had to be a tribute to my children. A sweet and memorable tattoo that would represent my boys. My life as a mother.



Photobucket


OK so maybe a little more...uh me?




So I began the planning. I knew I wanted it to represent the boys. The Bodhi tree for Bodhilicious and the ocean for Jaxon Kai. In October I took my idea's to the amazing Megan Emery at Gully Cat and scheduled my appointment for the next available opening, January 4th.



January 4th

I took one last picture of my naked shoulder. My plan was to cut out this picture and just tape it over the tattoo for the rest of my life if I hated it. It was my back up plan. I'm a good little thinker.




I hadn't really thought to much about the pain it would cause. I asked a few friends with tattoo's about it and they all assured me it wasn't that bad.


However, as we're driving there I started to envision the pain. I kept reminding myself that I shot 2 gigantic children out of my vagina. So surely I'd be able to handle a little needle.



I created a mantra.. vaginal opening not so big, child's head oh so big, vaginal opening not so big, child's head oh so big..I kept repeating.



It was gonna be a piece of cake.



We arrive...

We begin...



vaginal opening not so big, child's head oh so big, vaginal opening not so big, child's head oh so big.





Needle goes in...and yeah pain not so bad.





An hour goes by....








JESUS!!! WHAT THE HELL! For all those fuckers out there who told me it wasn't that bad...you suck! You very well knew it was that bad and you flat out lied to me! LIARS! I'll remember that forever.



After 2 1/2 hours I hopped up, looked in the mirror and almost cried. It was amazing. I fell in love with my arm all over again.


The finished work.

The next day was a constant explanation of the difference between "temporary" tattoo's and my tattoo. Jaxon was fascinated by the fact that I would have it forever. I was giving him a bath that night and he asked me " so do you have that tattoo forever?" I explained to him, for the 50th time that day, that yes my tattoo doesn't come off. He screamed, YIPEEE!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Everyday since he has told me he LOVES LOVES LOVES MY TATTOO!!!!!
and I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY TATTOO TOO!!!!



4 comments:

Danielle said...

Love it! You didn't repeat the mantra out loud, right? lol :)

Hilary said...

SO let me guess, Jax will be one of those boys like my brother who at 13 wanted a tattoo of Mr. Peanut from Planter's peanuts? He's got quite the list of manly likes: tattoos, blondes, beer... :)

The Birdman of Joelcatraz said...

That tattoo is an amazing tribute to your beautiful children. Hope I can see you guys soon!

Unknown said...

that is a beautiful addition to your dermal layers. I can't imagine a more meaningful tattoo. and THANKS for the real deal on the pain. I knew everyone was just trying to act tough! (truth:hurts)